Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

I'M GETTING MARRIED IN 2013

Well, my sweetheart and I are in the middle of planning our May 25, 2013 wedding.  We even have a website at http://www.maxandleannesummer2012.com.   I have come a long way.  Paruresis is no longer a part of my life.  I have been tapering my Xanax down and take .125mg four times a day. I still take antidepressants although I'm not convinced I need them.  Planning a wedding is so much fun!   I am also involved in something called dialectic behavior therapy which is a godsend for people with anxiety problems. It teaches you important lifestyle skills in four parts:  mindfulness, interpersonal skills, emotional regulation and distress tolerance.  I'm shaking off the trauma of my past and am slowly inviting the goodness of my present and future.  I have read books by Thich Nhat Hahn and they are wonderful.   I can't wait to marry my beloved!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations and I hope you have a wonderful time. It's interesting you find planning your wedding to be fun. Some would find it very stressful. I’m especially glad to hear paruresis is no longer a part of your life. I’m getting there too.

Leanne Edwards said...

We really want to have fun planning a wedding. From my perspective, it is Max's debutante partay! We feel so lucky to have found each other and so the celebrating of love in all the right ways and means and for all the right reasons feels right! How is that for a mouthful! LOL.

Don Burr said...

Hi Max,
I am so happy to hear that you are getting married in 2013!

My e-mail address is: burrfamilytree@aol.com

Don Burr