Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 31, 2005

2005 comes to an end

As the year comes to a close, I'm forced to look back and I've made good choices and bad choices. My best choice was to enroll in and follow cognitive behavior therapy. Since September 1, 2005, I have been back to work but I've been sick at least once a month. I was sick one day in September for stomach flu, four days in October for bronchitis and pneumonia, one half day in November for stomach flu again and four more days in December for bronchitis. Yet somehow I'm accruing time at work. They are happy and so am I. The bad choice I made is to think about others but spend NO time thinking about me. As the year 2006 comes in, I plan to spend more time thinking about what I want for my life. No more worrying about relationships and things not within my control.

When I get my tax refund, I'm opening up a checking account with it and then I'll add to it every two weeks that I get paid. Ultimately I plan to use some of that money to buy a car. There are books I want to buy as well that I plan to buy but none of that will come from my checking account. I have an alternate method of payment for books I want to buy.

In 2006, I'm going to spend my time improving myself. I'm not going to stop helping people but I just will cut back some and spend more time enjoying life. There's no way to know how much time I have left anyway so I might as well enjoy it. That's why I want a car. I can then hop into it and go to a karoake place or to my dad's house for a few hours or wherever I want to go. I'm looking to buy a car either from a person selling a car or from a police auction. Dealerships aren't the best way to go and I am sure I can get a better deal without them. Just my thoughts.

Happy New Year to one and all. Good riddance 2005. I'm a much better person at the end than I was at the start. :)

No comments: