Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Post-surgery

This year, on September 22,2011, I had my prostate removed.  There were cancerous cells in it and decided to have the operation to remove all traces of cancer.  Surgery took 8 hours and I was in recovery for 3 1/2 hours.  I chose DaVinci (robotic) surgery. I was home for about four weeks before returning to work.  I'm back at work and recovering nicely.  I face another 4-6 months of recovery though as I am temporarily impotent and slightly incontinent.   Post-surgery, the removed organs were thoroughly biopsied and found to have no cancer spreading elsewhere.  About two weeks ago, I had another PSA test and it was undetectable which is best case scenario. 

2 comments:

Leanne Edwards said...

Considering how things could have gone, this is great news. We dodged an enormous bullet in my book!

Aseem Kaistha said...

Great going Max... You are an inspiration... God Bless