Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 08, 2012

Xanax Dilemma

After nearly 20 years on Xanax,  I'm on the home stretch of coming off of it.  I'm on Cymbalta and Zyprexa still  but will wait on re-evaluation of these medications.  My current quandry is that I take .25 Xanax per day, half in the morning and half at dinner time.  I want to come off of it and I'm on a small enough dose that I SHOULD be able to stop it now and not have any withdrawals.  However,  I'm not sure if I'm ready to risk it.  I have a lot coming up and want to do all of it.  Therefore, I don't want to do anything to sabotage it.   I think I'll carry a couple of half tablets of Xanax on me but will stop using it completely and see how it goes.  I can always take it if I need it.  I can't foresee any problems but that doesn't mean there won't be any.   I'm feeling much more confident these days.    I'll try to post soon how it's going but I can use support and prayers.   Let's see what happens, shall we? 

No comments: