Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sleep disorders

Being with +Leanne Edwards  has been wonderful for my anxiety disorders.  Been flashing back on my panic attacks from the past. Sometimes it feels like a lifetime ago.  I'm grateful to God I no longer have them.  I keep getting better and better.  Next on my health to-do list is dealing with my sleep disorders.  I've been diagnosed with sleep apnea (moderate form) and parasomnias.  A few weeks ago I went for a sleep study to get this diagnosis.  In a few weeks (night of March 31st to morning of April 1) I go for a CPAP titration test where I will sleep, wired up to a machine for monitoring purposes AND wearing a mask that has preset oxygen levels pumped through that will be increased incrementally.  I hope to solve my sleep problems in a very short time but will try to avoid using benzos to treat the sleep apnea.  I"m nervous about having oxygen forced into my lungs like this because I tried it during the sleep study and it was scary.  I'm going to google more about the CPAP titration test and see if I can find a way to relax during this test.  Suggestions from those reading this will be appreciated.  

No comments: