Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Watch your medications

On Monday January 30th of this year, I went to see the doctor for stomach flu. While I was there I thought I'd have my perpetually runny nose dealt with. The stomach flu was viral so there wasn't much he could do. However, for the sinus problem, he gave me Allegra-D. Bad mistake. It has pseudoephedrine which is "speed" on the street. Turns out that it is not something that a person with anxiety disorders or with a history of urine retention (I'm in both categories) should be using. Unfortunately I was stupid and didn't read the pamphlet that came with the meds and took them for two days. It seems to have triggered the bashful bladder problem I have and anxiety symptoms. I have not been anxiety free since Feb 1. This is now Feb 11th so that means 10 days straight of anxiety. I have worked 3 of the past 10 working days and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be terminated. I hope I'm wrong. I'm going to talk to my therapist today and see if she or her supervisor will put me on medical leave for two months so I can avoid termination. I will use the two months to practice my CBT techniques in various bathrooms around the city and have my self-confidence back up to where it was last September. This is a three day weekend, thanks to Lincoln's Birthday. I'm going to practice all weekend so I can return to work on Tuesday.

No comments: